High Court dismisses FB, WhatsApp pleas pg.no.10
India joins search for submarine pg.no.10
· The Indian Navy dispatched its deep submergence rescue vessel (DSRV) from Visakhapatnam to support the Indonesian Navy in the search and rescue efforts for its submarine KRI Nanggala that went missing with 53 personnel aboard.
· submarine was reportedly exercising in a location 25 miles north of Bali
· DSRV system can locate a submarine up to 1,000-metre depth utilising scan sonar and remotely operated vehicle
‘U.S. will cut emissions by 52% by 2030’ pg.no.13
· U.S. President Joe Biden announced that the U.S. would cut its greenhouse gas emissions by 50%-52% by 2030 relative to 2005 levels
· The President made the new target announcements at a ‘Leaders Summit on Climate’
· It is also seeking to bring America back into a leadership role on climate action after Mr. Trump had withdrawn the country from the Paris Agreement.
· Modi announced that India and the U.S. were launching an energy and climate partnership
RBI allows banks to pay 50% dividends pg.no.14
· The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) allowed commercial banks to pay dividends for FY21, subject to certain conditions and limits.
· The revised circular from the RBI provides that commercial banks can pay up to 50% of what they could pre-COVID.
· For co-operative banks, all the restrictions on dividends have been removed