Justice N.V. Ramana is CJI pg.no.8
· Justice N.V. Ramana was sworn in as the 48th Chief Justice of India (CJI) by President Ram Nath Kovind at the Rashtrapati Bhavan.
· After Justice K. Subba Rao, Justice Ramana is the second CJI from Andhra Pradesh.
· He functioned as acting Chief Justice of Andhra Pradesh High Court between March 10 and May 20, 2013, and was elevated as the Chief Justice of Delhi High Court on September 2, 2013. He was appointed a judge of the Supreme Court on February 17, 2014.
Donald Lu picked for top South, Central Asia job pg.no.11
· U.S. President Joe Biden has nominated Donald Lu, a career foreign service officer as the next Assistant Secretary for South and Central Asia — a remit that includes the India portfolio.
· The position was earlier held by Alice Wells who retired last year.
· Mr. Lu has been the U.S. Ambassador to the Kyrgyz Republic since 2018 and was, at one point, the Deputy Chief of Mission at the U.S. Embassy in New Delhi.
· He has also held positions in Georgia and Pakistan, according to a bio released by the White House.
Old SpaceX capsule delivers new crew to space station pg.no.12
· A recycled SpaceX capsule carrying four astronauts arrived at the International Space Station.
· The Dragon capsule docked autonomously with the orbiting outpost 420 kilometres above the Indian Ocean, a day after launching from NASA’s Kennedy Space Center.
· The new arrivals – representing the U.S., France and Japan – will spend six months at the space station. They’ll replace four astronauts who will return to Earth in their own Dragon capsule
· It was the first time two SpaceX crew Dragons were parked there at the same time – practically side by side.
Mini black hole pg.no.12
· Scientists have discovered the smallest known black hole in the Milky Way galaxy and the closest to our solar system Nicknamed ‘Unicorn’
· The black hole is roughly three times the mass of our Sun, testing the lower limits of size for these extraordinarily dense objects.
· A luminous red giant star orbits with the black hole in a so-called binary star system named V723 Mon.
· The study is published in the Monthly Notices of the Royal AstronomicalSociety.
RBI to issue cybersecurity norms for payment services pg.no.15
· RBI will soon issue cybersecurity norms for payment service providers (PSPs), following a series of data breaches faced by operators including Mobikwik and payment aggregator JusPay
· On cyber frauds, RBI has issued very recently basic guidelines on cyber hygiene and cybersecurity for banks and certain NBFCs
· The National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) had laid down a framework for a more even distribution of share of third-party app providers in the UPI system