WHAT TO READ :
SCOPE OF THE TOPIC : Chapter IV - Section 76-106 of I.P.C.
1. Effect of General Exceptions.(G.E.)
2. Burden of Proof – how it operates – if Accused claims an G.E.
3. Standard of Proof : Accused Vs. Prosecution.
4. Mistake of Fact : Section 76 & 79
•Differentiate sec.76 & 79.
• Conditions to be satisfied to treat mistake as an extenuating factor.
• Mistake of Law Vs. Mistake of Fact.
5. Judicial Acts : Section 77 & 78.
•Object of Secs. 77 & 78
•Constituent elements to be satisfied.