Updated: Nov 19, 2022
Previous Year Question Paper (Topic Wise) - Constitutional and Administrative Law:
1. Constitution and Constitutionalism: The distinctive features of the Constitution.
2. Fundamental rights – Public interest litigation; Legal Aid; Legal services authority.
3. Relationship between fundamental rights, directive principles and fundamental duties.
4. Constitutional position of the President and relation with the Council of Ministers.
5. Governor and his powers.
6. Supreme Court and High Courts:
(a) Appointments and transfer.
(b) Powers, functions and jurisdiction.
7. Centre, States and local bodies:
(a) Distribution of legislative powers between the Union and the States.
(b) Local bodies.
(c) Administrative relationship among Union, State and Local Bodies.
(d) Eminent domain – State property – common property – community property.
8. Legislative powers, privileges and immunities.
9. Services under the Union and the States:
(a) Recruitment and conditions of services; Constitutional safeguards; Administrative tribunals.
(b) Union Public Service Commission and State Public Service Commissions – Power and functions
(c) Election Commission – Power and functions.
10. Emergency provisions.
11. Amendment of the Constitution.
12. Principles of natural justice – Emerging trends and judicial approach.
13. Delegated legislation and its constitutionality.
14. Separation of powers and constitutional governance.
15. Judicial review of administrative action.
16. Ombudsman: Lokayukta, Lokpal etc.