Updated: Mar 27, 2020
AIM | “The UPSC Fundamentals” is a magazine dedicated to provide short notes for NCERT Books on various subjects which are crucial for Prelims. Extremely helpful time saver !!!!!!
BOOK NAME | LAXMIKANTH : SUBJECT : INDIAN POLITY
UNION TERRITORIES AND SPECIAL AREAS
Chapter 37 : Scheduled and Tribal Areas
· Art.244 of Part X - Special system of Administration – designated as “scheduled areas” and “ tribal areas”
· 5TH Schedule : SA (scheduled areas) + ST (scheduled tribes) of any states except TAM2 (Tripura, Assam, Meghalaya and Mizoram)
· 6TH Schedyle : deals with TAM2
ADMINISTRATION OF SCHEDULED AREAS :
· WHY SA> Because these people are aboriginals (socially and economically backward) therefore special provisions needs to be put in place to improve their condition with greater responsibility for centre.
FEATURES OF 5TH SCHEDULE :
1. Declaration of Scheduled Areas BY president with power to alter it.
2. Executive power of centre – it can giving directions to states for administration of these areas ;Executive power of states - governor has responsibility to report to president – annually or whenever required by president.
3. Tribes advisory council - to advise on welfare and advancement of ST. Consist of 20 members, ¾ members of State legislative assembly.
4. Law applicable to SA : Governor can say which law applicable or which is not . He can regulate transfer of Land /money-lending.
Commission appointed so far :
· U N Dhebar – 1960
· Dilip Singh Bhuria – 2002
ADMINISTRATION OF TRIBAL AREAS :
· WHY 6TH SCHEDULE FOR TAM2 > TAM2still have their roots in their own culture, customs and civil…………….
For complete NCERT package subscribe to us Contact :
Call/ Whats app : 6382125862 E- mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Website : www.lawxpertsmv.com